Friday, June 21, 2013

Week Two in the MTC

I am still here in the land of ugly shoes and cute dresses.  Also the land where everyone whistles all the time...haha, because we have absolutely no music.  Even when we sing hymns in class we don't have music behind us! Crazy, huh?  Every morning I have a new song in my head like yesterday it was "I'm still Jenny from the block." J Lo was in my head all day! Haha and that is honestly how it is always!

Well this week has gone so much better! I have been able to really immerse myself in the work and have been getting a lot out of it personally and for others.  I have decided to just be happy with what I get and that is all I can ask for.  Well we had our last lesson with Edgar and it went alright our second to last lesson was better with him, but that's okay we are always improving.  Then the next day of class we went in and met our second teacher and guess who it was??? EDGAR! Kind of awkward because he like knows all our strengths and weaknesses...haha, but that will make his teaching more applicable to us. Well the leaders in our zone head out to Portugal next week so we got new leaders. Our district leader then became our Zone Leader which is awesome because he and his companion are awesome! They make me laugh so hard! One of them and I quote Hot Rod and Despicable Me two all the time.  I really love my district! The other two sisters work so hard and are doing so well. One is from Iowa and the other one is from Medford! They are both going to my mission. Actually only four people out of my district are going to different missions. Our new District Leaders are from Utah. My District is from all over the place. From Alaska to Mexico. We all get along really well and are helping each other out. Since we get along so well sometimes that isn't all that good, haha.

 Sundays here in the MTC are the best things ever! THE BEST THINGS EVER!!! We get to go to the largest Relief Society in the world and mom, I LOVE RELIEF SOCIETY. I no longer call it old ladies, but I call it RELIEF society.  I also love it because we get there at like 9:15 and watch the Spoken Word. I never thought I would be excited to watch the spoken word, but when you live in the land of no music you get excited about things way more often than you thought you would. This week our speaker was Neill F. Marriott the second counselor of the Young Women presidency! She is sooo awesome! She is from the deep south and I am sure that the young women will love her. She is the funniest person ever and is a convert. She told us her story and that was super awesome. Also on Sunday nights we get to watch movies! Don't get excited because they are church movies or talks which is kind of a let down but that's okay because they are still good. Tuesdays are great too because it is P-day.  We also get start the day with exercise which is great too, except Sundays!

It has been interesting having two companions rather than one.  We all have so many different ideas and ways of doing things. We are figuring out how to incorporate all our different ideas. We are doing better and better.  I love them both. I am now the senior companion. Which is fun! I just want to show everyone in my district that I may be the youngest sister in our district, but I am not weak. I am learning to teach by the spirit and it is getting better and better.

A cool thing happened yesterday while my companions and I were preparing our lesson outside. These two Elders came up to us and asked if they could share their testimonies with us because they were leaving tomorrow and wanted to know if we could understand their English.  One of them was from Colombia and the other one was from Micronesia (sp). When they came here they could not understand or speak English or in that case each others language. One of them was going to Guam and the other was going to Salt Lake. They bore the most beautiful testimony about Jesus Christ and about the Book of Mormon. It made me tear up. They were amazing. Even though their English was a little off sometimes I could understand them. That felt sooo good to me because they had only been in the MTC for 6 weeks and they really could speak the language they were learning. That brought me a lot of hope! They were amazing young men and I was so happy to meet them. They took our picture and left. They truly inspired me. Testimonies are amazing. If all you have is your testimony you can convert way more than if you know every word in Portuguese. Cool, right???

So, visa...we have not heard anything. There was a district that just left this week and all of them got reassigned stateside except for one. If they get their visa while stateside they can go. It was kind of cool though that they got reassigned. Some of them went to New York and California or anywhere. They were sent all around the world. Another cool thing about being reassigned is that you get to call home mom! How cool it that??? You get reassigned like the week before you depart the MTC which is cool. I wouldn't mind that for awhile. My language might suffer, but teaching in English would be cool for awhile. So I am not sad about it.

The MTC is a pretty cool place. It is cool to me that we have so many missionaries that we have to use the Marriott Center so that we can all fit. That is amazing to me! We are truly the Army of Helamen. Another cool thing that we do here is when we sing hymns for relief society or anything sometimes they change the words and then you automatically start crying. They make it more applicable to us. How amazing is that? I am liking is more and more here. It was hard at first but with a little attitude adjustment things get better and better. What made me change my attitude so much was what Mervyn B. Arnold said in his devotional to us the other night (he is Amazing by the way) and he said to read D&C 123:17. It says that if we remain happy no matter what we will be blessed! I have finally seen that in my life. Oh I forgot the other night while we were being taught by our teach he just split us up to teach the First Vision to another companionship in our district (Scareyyy) I was terrified at the beginning, but when I just gave in and made myself vulnerable I was able to say it. I went on and on and it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. God is so good and Jesus Christ is so amazing. I always say that to my companions.

Please keep deareldering me.  They really help even if they are short! I love you all!!
Love your favorite missionary,
Sister Siepert

No comments:

Post a Comment