Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The MTC is coming to an end very soon!

Oi Familia! Como vi? Tuto ban!
Just thought I would share some Portuguese. Eu sou muito Legal! haha, that means I am really cool, no big deal! Haha, can you believe that I leave so soon?!?! me either! I either get my reassignment on Thursday or get my travel plans to Brazil soon! Good news! Yesterday two people in our building got their visas! How exciting is that?! They both went through the D.C. Consulate though...but I am still hoping! By the way when I get my reassignment I don't get to call home...but I do get to call you from the airport and then you will know where I am going! There also is a possibility of me leaving on Saturday! We don't know until Thursday or Friday! Is that blowing your mind or what???? I could be leaving here in less than a week!

Even though I am so excited to leave I am having mixed feelings about it! I definitely will miss my district like no other. I love them all so much! I am so so so so blessed to be in a district full of wonderful, hard working, and hilarious missionaries. We all are such great friends and there is a possibility of not seeing them ever again. That makes me pretty sad. Four of the elders in my district are heading to the Campines Mission and the rest are in my mission. But I just keep thinking, hey at least I get to see them all hopefully in Brazil. Everyone in my districts calls me Sister Perigo, yeah that's right I am sister danger. Hahaha, I love them so much! They all believe in my dangerous side too, which is nice because there are a lot of non believers of my dangerous side out there and that's ok with me! Right family? Right!

I also am really loving my teachers. They like believe in me which is nice! In High School sometimes you don't feel muck like your teachers want to be there or they don't really care about you, but here they do. I learn so much everyday! Which is nice because that makes the days go by and makes me super tired. I feel like and old women. I go to bed at 10:30 every night. Also that is one of my favorite times of the day. It's the point at the end of the day where my companion turns the lights out and you know that your day is done. It's like the only point of the day where you slow down. Missionary life is so much more busy that I ever thought it would be! I am always on my feet and I have to always be prepared to teach anything all day. Sometimes our teachers randomly say, now teach the companionship next to you about the Word of Wisdom or the Book of Mormon. I freak out in my head a little bit, but then I just do it!

Oh, let me tell you the grossest story ever...so there is this shower here that I love!(also the handicap shower, no joke needed) and I go in it all the time because like there is space in there to breath! How nice is that? Haha, well I went in there and I looked in the shower and there was a hairball the size of Brazil in there...You know how I feel about hair. Here at the MTC and in the dorm place we live in there is hair. E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. The food is starting to taste pretty gross to me now. I am well over it now! There are Elders and Sisters that say in the MTC for 12 weeks. I would die! They are learning two languages too! I would die x 2...but other than those minor things I am sad about leaving. It's like I keep thinking, "I have to go out and teach real people..."  Haha, I feel like I live in a fake world.

Let me tell you about my 4th of July! Well the whole beginning of the day was normal for us. We studied all day and worked all day, that was kind of hard and made me a little homesick. Then we went to a huge devotional where the Presidency of the District spoke a little bit and then we watched 17 miracles. I seriously bawled all through it...it is so sad and so awesome! Then they surprised us and told us that we could go out in the parking lot and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire while eating Ice Cream! I didn't know that fireworks could be spiritual, but it was sooo amazing. I just thought about where I was last 4th of July and how I had no idea that I would be standing in the MTC parking lot watching fireworks the next year. I felt so blessed and felt like even though my family was far away from me at that moment you all were so close. It is kind of a strange thing to me that even though I don't get to contact you all I feel closer than ever. Missions are amazing. I am growing and learning so much more than I thought was ever possible. I feel like I am becoming that person I have always wanted to be, but didn't know how. The gospel changes you. It changes you into that person you have always wanted to be. I guess I didn't really realize that the gospel does all of that until you are immersed in it fully. I am here and I am working so hard. I feel the Savior there every step of the way. The other day I was having a hard moment and felt very much like I was not sure how I was going to get through the week or the day and it was like the spirit whispered to me, "Hello Sister Siepert, I have been here the whole time. I have been carrying you when you needed and I have been walking beside you always." You really feel that as a missionary. The Lord wants me here and he shows me everyday. I am here and I am doing his work. I am his hands and his heart out on the field. I just want you all to know at home I am doing my best because the Lord deserves the best from me. He has given men so much and when you start to realize that you start to realize how much you can give him.

I am so excited that Ty is on the Church History Trip! He will love it! There are three other people here at the MTC who went on that with me! Two of them are girls and one boy. So crazy! He will love every step of the way! What if I get sent o a Church History Site? I would be in Heaven! I am going out into the field soon. My life is changing fast!

I love you and thank you so much for what you have taught me! Thanks for being such an example to me! I am growing and I am learning! i work hard because you have taught me to work hard. I am understanding Portuguese more than I ever imagined I would. I love you all! Can't wait to hear your voices soon! By the way there is a possibility that I will be leaving very early in the morning...so you might get a call that wakes you up. So you better be excited! Haha, I already can hear mom crying!  You would be proud that my Turner side has come out more. I am more open to cry even though I hate crying! I love you all and I love hearing from you all in emails and Dearelders! Can't wait to talk to you! Paz!

No comments:

Post a Comment