Monday, March 31, 2014

This was a pretty great week:)

The Sisters meeting was pretty great wasn't it? I have to say though, that it made me a little homesick because we went to the church and all the moms and their daughters were there, but I survived. I love that we sang "Teach me to walk in the light" there. That is what we sang with those two little girls in church last week.  It made me realize Heavenly Father really is looking out for me. He knows me and he knows you all too!  We went to the broadcast with one of our investigators and her daughter. She has been investigating the church for about 4 years and is probably more active than most of us active members:) We love her!

This week has been pretty great! We had an incredible miracle! Sooo the mother of the family that came to church last week and the two girls that sang with us, called on thursday morning during personal study. She was asking about getting the Elders number to help her move some stuff and such, but then she just started talking about church. She told us that she had been really nervous to go to church last week because she was afraid it had been so long since she had attended and that she was going to feel out of place, but she said, "you know what, I felt so comfortable! I felt like I had gone home again" :) She wants to come back to church and she wants her daughters to be in primary and young women's. How incredible is that? I mean, I didn't even ask and she just told me. She had no idea how many prayers and fasts had gone into that! I am so excited to see where this all goes.  It was a huge miracle!!

Other than that we didn't have much of a teaching week. We really had one other lesson this week. All of the others fell through. That made the week a little bit hard. Saturday we helped a member take down wallpaper in her kitchen. I have learned I really don't like wallpaper. I am not sure who the genius was that came up with that stuff, he obviously liked to watch people suffer:) Hahaha We had fun though because we just love her so much :) She is the best!

We did have a funny thing happen this week though. We had been praying to get a referral and we got a media referral.  They are the best referrals! They are basically people reaching out to us!!!! We were so stoked. We went to the house with the movie and Book of Mormon and some lady answered and let us in. She gave us Girl Scout cookies, told us all about her life....we were actually looking for her son (he requested the visit), but he was not there. She was not interested, but it was hilarious. She had Obama everywhere in her house. When I say everywhere, I mean framed pictures and bobble heads.  Hahahaha, it was a really funny experience because she showed us her wedding album and tried to give us tickets to a concert. Haha, it was a good laugh that we needed and tonight we actually have an appointment with her son, so that is good!!! :)

President Wilson came this week and had companionship study with us. Which was soooo intimidating...but sooo good. It felt so good to talk to him and it kind of felt like I was talking to dad:) I love than man, he is so amazing! Mission Presidents are the best!

That is so crazy that Ty started his mission papers!!!! Yay!!! I am really jealous that spring break was great! I want to go snowboarding! Actually, I want sunshine! Today it has been a lot nicer than it has been lately. Yesterday it rained ALL DAY LONG!!! It is getting better at least there is no snow:)

Lately, I have finished the gospels in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and it has changed my life! First off, Jesus Christ is incredible and second off, there is so much we can learn from his life. His life applies to everything. Lately I have been thinking about my favorite story. It is in Mark 5:25-34, is says:

25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,

26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.

34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith had made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

What I love about this story is that this women just touched his clothes and didn't expect him to even know or talk to her. But Jesus Christ is so loving that he took the time to love her and to talk to her. As a missionary, I think others get super caught up in getting baptisms and getting numbers that they forget the people behind those numbers. I have decided that sure baptisms are great, but our purpose is to bring others close to Jesus Christ. If that is by baptisms awesome! If that is by saying hello or doing a little service for them, awesome! This story taught me a lot about my purpose as a missionary. I am supposed to represent Jesus Christ. I am supposed to act like he did. Cool, huh? I love being a missionary! It is so cool to see people as Christ sees them.

Well, I love you all so much and I miss you a whole lot! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Siepert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment